Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 17:36:28 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@silverback.gorilla.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Manfred Antar <mantar@netcom.com>
Cc:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>, osa@etrust.ru, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CRUSH after recompile kernel...

Since no one else is reporting this, I've probably done something stupid.
Running current up to date cam, smp, etc. Freshly compiled kernel that
file says is a dynamic linked elf, installed in /.

Compiled loader and installed in /boot.

On bootup I issue the '/boot/loader' and let it run to stop:
FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.2
Booting [kernel] in 1 seconds...
can't load `kernel'
disk1s2a:> ls
/
ls: open '/' failed: no such file or directory

Just to be safe, earlier did 'disklabel -B sd0'.
Ant idea? Could it be that smp is no go for now?
--
Tom

--
IMail Server for Windows NT. Evaluation version.
Copyright (c) 1995-98 Ipswitch, Inc. http://www.ipswitch.com/