Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:00:58 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        Briang <brian@briang.org>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bind

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 10:42:48PM -0800, Briang wrote:
> I just installed FreeBSD-3.0 and I found out that the bind Config is not the
> same as before
> like 2.2.7 I was using the named.boot file which was pretty easy to setup.
> Well I set up named.conf
> on the new box ->
>
> zone "briang.org" {
>         type secondary;
>         file "briang.org.db";
>         masters
>
>                 24.1.88.78;
>         };
> };
>
> zone "88.1.24.in-addr.arpa" {
>         type secondary;
>         file "24.1.88.reverse.db;
>         masters {
>                 24.1.88.78;
>         };
>
> Well when I look in the Dir I dont see the Zone files,  Does it put them
> some where else ?

It doesn't put the zone files anywhere. How could it, before you've created
them? You have to create them and put them somewhere, and then use the
"directory" option to tell it where to look.

In the options section of the named.conf file, you'll see something that says
'directory "/etc/namedb"'. This is where named will look for your zone files.

Chris