Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:24:32 +0200
From:      "Stefan Herrmann" <stefhe@gmx.net>
To:        "Joerg Wunsch" <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: TEAC CD-R55S not recognized as worm, hacked a bit, but still doesn't work

> > Finally I bought a TEAC CD burner. Had not much time to look,
> > if it's good supported under FreeBSD, and since it was a gift
> > from a company, I hoped that it rocks well...

[...]
> Stay with cdrecord by now.  Kenneth Merry (sp?) once told me that he's
> going to move worm(4) to CAM some day, this will also be a good chance
> to rethink some of the original design ideas, and at least the SCSI-3
> MMC standard should be supported then, too.  (When worm(4) was
> written, there was no sign of any common standard among the CD-R drive
> vendors).

Kenneth Merry has also made a CAM driver for cdrecord, which is already
in the 1.6.1a? alpha version:

	ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/alpha/

Since I don't have 3.0 running, I couldn't test it yet.

Ciao
Stefan
--
--- Communications powered by FreeBSD ---

    Stefan Herrmann   Löwenburgstr. 81
              D-53229 Bonn