Date:      30 Nov 99 00:53:46 MST
From:      <at950@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        postmaster@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DNS and the ISP black hole

Hi Bret,

  Sorry the ISP list
  Admin. has black-holed me and Fil.Net without even ONE
  warning for asking for a little pitty in the work I am doing
  teaching the Congressman that FreeBSD is a better operating
  system than WinNT.  It is a tough job because M/S has a big
  Lobby trying to get the government to not license ISP's that
  don't have an official WinNT seal on their servers!

  This was about my first post and I asked for help with a
  sendmail problem from apache on our ISP's new server.
  Actually, a lot of people on the list gave me the
  information I needed to correct the problem. But the admin.
  felt that asking for a little pitty being pretty much alone
  in the Philippines against a large crowd of WinNT people
  was reason enough to send all my postings to his /dev/null!

  This Congressman is very impressed by the fact we are going
  against the "best thinking" (WinNT) and that our ISP is
  Providing a BETTER service using FreeBSD!

  He is the Chair of the House Committee on Telecomunication
  and is now drafting regulations effecting the Internet. I
  would think the FreeBSD ISP Admin. would WANT to Help get
  FreeBSD written into the Government's regulation, instead of
  cutting off someone - WITHOUT EVEN ONE WARNING - who runs
  the ONLY FreeBSD users group in the whole country.

  Anyway, to answer your questions...

  Your addresses are
  216.150.57.8/29
  aka:
  216.150.57.8 255.255.255.248

  This gives you the useable addresses of
  216.150.57.9-14

  You forgot the subnet value route address and subnet value. =

  Take a look at:
  ftp://ftp.ripe.net/rfc/rfc2317.txt

  I also changed your serial number to remove the "." in the
  format:
  YYYYMMDDNN where NN is the serial number for that days
  update (so don't make more than 100 changes on any one day!

  A bigger problem will be your ISP's delegation. I could not
  find any delegation for the 57.105.216.in-addr.arpa. zone at
  all.

  aLan

  $ORIGIN 8/26.57.105.216.in-addr.arpa.
  IN SOA dante.plover.org.