Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 14:26:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0.5 executables on FreeBSD 1.1

During the transition period from FreeBSD 1.1 to 2.0.5, I will be sharing
some filesystems between the two.  The issue of binary interoperability
comes up.  I don't really want to have or need the 1.x compatibility
library on the new system.  What I am observing is that static binaries
from 1.1 execute on 2.0.5, but static binaries from 2.0.5 cause a
"bad system call" trap and core dump.  Is the solution to this to force
a link against the 1.x compatibility libraries, or is there some other
trick or switch so that locally-compiled 2.0.5 binaries will run on 1.1?

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417