Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:39:46 -0400
From:      "Lucien Bomar" <lbomar@atlanta.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install Question

FreeBSD:

I'm installing FreeBSD from a CDROM that was part of "UNIX Systems
Administrator's Bible" by IDG Books 1998.  The CD has a version of FreeBSD 2.2.5
reported to be courtesy of Walnut Creek CDROM.

I have a P166, 64MegRam, Mitsumi CDROM.  I used the floppy install.
Installation proceeds well until the actual reading of the CDROM.  At that point
I get a message "CD in the drive is not FreeBSD or is an older version (pre
2.1.5).  FreeBSD CD does not have a version number on it.  Do you want to
continue with it?".  If I select no I have to exit and if yes the files never
load even though it says the installation is complete.

I've been through the set-up 20 times and tried every variation.  Is this an
error you are familiar with and could you offer a plausible solution?

Thank you,

Lucien Bomar
Duluth, Georgia
lbomar@atlanta.com