Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:16:29 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenGL

Oops.  I missed one of your questions.

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen:
 |My XFree-log looks very similar to yours. Only thing I found could be
 |interesting was:
 |
 |(II) MGA(0): [agp] 12288 kB allocated with handle 0xc1443040
 |(II) MGA(0): Reserved 1376 kb for textures at offset 0xea8000
 |
 |Shouldn't have any influence though, I've just got a smaller card.
 |
 |BTW, what's this dpms I see in your log?

It just says my monitor supports DPMS (display power management system,
IIRC) commands, which allow the computer to throttle the power back the
monitor power consumption when you're not using it.  See the dpms
references in XF86Config(5).  You can configure and turn it on/off there,
as well as with the "xset" command.

Randall

--
Randall Hopper