Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 05:01:05 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, jdli@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw
Subject:   Re: makeing sound driver failed

>	ctm-2187 changed all files under /sys/i386/isa/sound/*
>	from
>		#include "sound_config.h"
>		#include "foo.h"
>		#include <i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h>
>		#include <i386/isa/sound/foo.h>
>
>	which caused no sound driver will be linked into kernel.
>
>	(now it will look for /sys/i386/isa/sound/sb.h instead of
>	 /sys/compile/FOO/sb.h, thus NSND,NSB(and so on) definitions
>	 will not be found.)

Actually, it was the change from <sb.h> to "sb.h" in local.h that broke
it.  The change from <pas.h> to "pas.h" broke pas.

The changes were supposed fix (future) problems like this :-).  Most of
the "foo.h"'s really are in /sys/i386/isa/sound and not in the compile
directory.  For "" style #includes, the search begins in the directory
of the file that contains the #include statement (even if you specify
-I. or -I`pwd`.  OTOH, the 4.4Lite #include style is to use "" for
#includes of files in the compile directory and <> for everything else.
This minimises the ambiguity of "".  It was followed in local.h for
all #includes except those for sb.h and pas.h.  Those currently have
to use <>.

The change will right work when -I- is added to CFLAGS.

Bruce