Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:47:39 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache Addons

Quoting Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>:
 [000916 21:28]:
#>Hello Odhiambo,
#>
#>Saturday, September 16, 2000, 8:03:56 PM, you wrote:
#>
#>> Quoting Spades <spades@galaxynet.org>:
#>>  [000916 20:59]:
#>#>>I'm running Apache on my lovely FreeBSD, i like to run
#>#>>websites for my friends...and do it neat.
#>#>>Frontpage Extension
#>> YES....from the ports collection
#>
#>If you really want to do it neat: don't even think about FP...

So what is your suggested solution/substiture to go about this for guys
with FP extensions ???? I'd be happy to try that myself..

#>
#>#>>Control Panel
#>> I guess you mean httpd.conf .../usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
#>
#>#>>Web monitoring bandwidth
#>> I am sure there is a program to do that but I'm not sure it is a
#>> functionality in Apache.
#>
#>Not sure if MRTG would be a solution (as I don't really understand
#>what the original poster needs) but as mentioned, it's in the ports
#>collection:
#>/usr/ports/net/mrtg

Yes. Actually I also did not quite understand what he wanted in the first
place but he can have a go at one of the many options..

#>
#>Another approach might be to use the Apache transferlogs (depends on what
#>you need to achieve).
#>
#>
#>
#>
#>To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
#>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Creating computer software is always a demanding and painstaking process -- an
exercise in logic, clear expression, and almost fanatical attention to detail.
It requires intelligence, dedication, and an enormous amount of hard work.
But, a certain amount of unpredictable and often unrepeatable inspiration is
what usually makes the difference between adequacy and excellence.