Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:19:38 -0000
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Dino Rezes' <nt_verwalter@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: important questions

Please don't use HTML-formatted text for your e-mails.  It hurts some mail
programs!

I don't know anything about ICS, so will skip on that... Sorry.

I can't see that you should have any problems with your hardware.  Give it a
go.  There are plenty of folk here who will know more about it than I do,
and
who will be happy to help should have problems.  I think a PIII will be a
very capable FreeBSD machine!

X Windows is a graphical environment for UNIX and UNIX-like systems.  Check
for your video card on the hardware compatibility lists at www.xfree86.org
be sure that your video card can handle it.  It is a very versatile system,
and can be configured almost infinitely...

Yes, SAMBA will work under FreeBSD.  Your best bet would be to install it
from
the ports collection once your machine is up and running.  You will then
be able to have Win9x clients connect to your server for file/print sharing.

Again, DSL is not something I know about, sorry.

And finally, yes, you can make copies of the software.  The BSD license is
very liberal - the only thing you are NOT allowed to do, is obscure the
license itself with any redistributions you do.

Hope this helps you, slightly at least.  Good luck, and have fun with your
new friends!  :o)

Dan