Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:32:15 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make release needs too much ports installed

Hi!

I run mirror of FreeBSD CVS Repository and trying to 'make release'.
I've read FAQ (btw, it still mentions src-secure, is it correct?).
I run 3.5-STABLE here and so I decided to make 3.5-STABLE for first time.
I've built world using 3.5-STABLE sources and run 'make release'
with RELEASETAG=RELENG_3. I noticed that it installs some ports
(my ports tree is fresh), f.e. docproj. Ok, I understand, but
docproj depends of eps2png and eps2png depends of ghostscript.
I've set JADETEX=no to avoid building of TeX, but still cannot get rid of
ghostscript. Does one REALLY need to build and install ghostscript
just to build FreeBSD release?

Eugene