Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:24:00 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
Subject:   Call for testers: multicast forwarding

Hi,

I may have some commercial work coming up which requires me to make
modifications to the IPv4 multicast forwarding code in Linux. It is
likely I will prototype the work in FreeBSD. It will probably not be
released publicly.

To prepare for this I have started cleaning up the MROUTING code; using
more appropriate data structures, working on removal of the 32 vif
limitation and other refinements, removal of legacy code which is no
longer useful.

I'd like to hear from anyone using multicast forwarding on FreeBSD who
would be interested in testing these changes and suggesting other
improvements.. They will most likely not make the 7.0 release but may
appear in future versions.

Code is not yet available as a patch set. I am working in the p4 branch
bms_netdev.

regards,
BMS

P.S. It would be good if there were a way of giving the general public
read-only access to the p4 tree, this is becoming a blocking limitation
of the tool for open development.