Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 2009 14:00:03 GMT
From:      Paul J Murphy <paulm@srv00.inetstat.net>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/139460: security/snortsam broken on 64 bit platforms

The following reply was made to PR ports/139460; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul J Murphy <paulm@srv00.inetstat.net>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 13:52:06 GMT

 Update: On further digging around, it seems the authentication bug on 64 bit
 platforms is fixed in a later version.	The current snort port
 (snort-2.8.4.1_2) already has the up to	date authentication code - no changes
 are required there.

 So, the best fix is probably to update the port to 2.63 (the latest).  I was
 able to get 2.63 to build cleanly by simply changing PORTVERSION to 2.63 in
 Makefile, and removing files/patch-makesnortsam.sh (it's no longer required,
 as the distribution included the change).  Obviously, the 2.63 source would
 also need to be	added to the freebsdbrasil mirror.

 I've only done limited testing so far, but it seems to work on on my system.