Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:48:56 -0500
From:      Scott W <wegster@mindcore.net>
To:        Micke P <mickep3@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting daemons at server start

Micke P wrote:

>If there is something that is done automatically, I
>swear my karma is that it won't be done! I did do a
>port apache install. And right, I don't remember that
>being asked. I'm assuming there's an easier way to get
>this set up besides redoing the install.
>
>Examples of this script(working :-))?
>
>Micke

[wegster@freeb] /usr/local/etc/rc.d
[0] $ cat apache.sh
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
start)
        [ -x /usr/local/sbin/apachectl ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl
start > /dev/null && echo -n ' apache'
        ;;
stop)
        [ -r /var/run/httpd.pid ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl stop >
/dev/null && echo -n ' apache'
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
        ;;
esac

exit 0

You'll have to check your locations of course, but the sample script
should arealy exist on your system.  Run /etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate
cron and then:
locate apache.sh-dist

Scott