Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:38:08 -0400
From:      "R. Aditya Kadambi" <rakadambi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg 7.4 OpenGL issues on FreeBSD 7.2

I am running FreeBSD 7.2 on a amd64 system and seeing some issues with
OpenGL apps. Le me explain.

My system is:

FreeBSD Intio 7.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #0: Fri May  1 07:18:07 UTC
2009     root@driscoll.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I am running enlightenment as my WM (However I have seen the same issue with
KDE too).

Start a mesademo program, say "engine"

The program comes up fine. When I switch to another pager, the opengl window
is still overlaid. No refresh. Also, menus are invisible on the window. Any
mesademo program results in the same behavior. I have ATI RV350 card (ATI
X9550 AGP) and I am running "Radeon" driver.

My card:

vgapci0@pci0:1:0:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x04021002 chip=0x41531002
rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'RV350 Radeon 9550'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

These are the options I have in my xorg.conf file (turning off these options
seem to have no effect)

        Option     "ATOMTVOut"                  "on"
        #Option     "GARTSize"                   "64"
        Option     "ColorTiling"                "on"
        Option     "EnablePageFlip"             "on"
        Option     "AccelMethod"                "EXA"
        Option     "AGPMode"                    "8"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "RV350 AS [Radeon 9550]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"

It looks like a case of  regression. It used to work really well in FreeBSD
7.1.