Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:51:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Jason Horn <jhorn@daytona.pi-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading Pine

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Jason Horn wrote:

> I'm running 2.2.7, which installed Pine 4.01.  What is the best way
> to upgrade my version of pine?  Is there a pkg utility that will go
> out and get the latest copy and update?

If you've got the ports collection installed, you can install it from
there.  If not, you can either a) install the ports collection, or b)
install the pine 4.05 package.

Might also not be a bad idea to uninstall the existing one first by
running pkg_delete pine-4.01.

To install the port..

cd /usr/ports/mail/pine4
make install

To install the package..

pkg_add ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages/All/pine-4.05.tgz

Hope this helps,

--
: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| http://www.triax.com/		: