Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ronnie Clark <ronj_clark@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   makeworld issues

Hello all,

I have been trying for some time to update a system
via makeworld. The
system would always error out and not complete its
update. Someone from
the list suggested that I cvsup my system, which I did
multiple time to
no avail. This morning, I tried again. Still errors
out. I even went so
far as to backup my old kernel, and then completely
remove the
/usr/src/sys directory and all subdirectories. Then I
cvsuped again to
get all new code. Edited the GENERIC kernel to match
my old kernel and
tried to makeworld again. Below is the errors I am
seeing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Right now, the only
thing I know to do
is to rebuild, and I don't want to do that if it can
be avoided.

Thanks,
Ron Clark

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Error Message:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

>>> stage 1: bootstrap tools
cd /usr/src; MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386
DESTDIR=
INSTALL="sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh" make -f
Makefile.inc1-DBOOTSTRAPPING  -DNOHTML -DNOINFO
-DNOMAN -DNOPIC
-DNOPROFILE -DNOSHARED  -DNO_WERROR bootstrap-tools
echo "===> games/fortune/strfile";  cd
/usr/src/games/fortune/strfile;
make DIRPRFX=games/fortune/strfile/ obj;  make
DIRPRFX=games/fortune/strfile/ depend;  make
DIRPRFX=games/fortune/strfile/ all;  make
DIRPRFX=games/fortune/strfile/
DESTDIR=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386 install
===> games/fortune/strfile
/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/src/games/fortune/strfile
created for
/usr/src/games/fortune/strfile
rm -f .depend
mkdep -f .depend -a    -D__FBSDID=__RCSID
/usr/src/games/fortune/strfile/strfile.c
echo strfile: /usr/lib/libc.a  >> .depend
cc -O -pipe  -Wall    -D__FBSDID=__RCSID -c
/usr/src/games/fortune/strfile/strfile.c
cc -O -pipe  -Wall    -D__FBSDID=__RCSID  -static -o
strfile strfile.o
sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh -s -o root -g wheel -m
555   strfile
/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/games
echo "===> usr.bin/yacc";  cd /usr/src/usr.bin/yacc;
make
DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/ obj;  make DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/
depend;  make
DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/ all;  make DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/
DESTDIR=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386 install
===> usr.bin/yacc
/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc created for
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc
rm -f .depend
mkdep -f .depend -a    -D__FBSDID=__RCSID
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/closure.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/error.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/lalr.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/lr0.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/main.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/mkpar.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/output.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/reader.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/skeleton.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/symtab.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/verbose.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/warshall.c
echo yacc: /usr/lib/libc.a  >> .depend
cc -O -pipe     -D__FBSDID=__RCSID -c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/closure.c
cc -O -pipe     -D__FBSDID=__RCSID -c
/usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/error.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal
signal 11
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/yacc.
*** Error code 1