Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:04:45 +0200
From:      Achim Hensel <achim.hensel@freenet.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default time zone setting

> FYI I took a brief look at this and it's not exactly straight-forward
> because of the frame of reference tzsetup seems to be geared up for
> (Select continental area, then country, then specific zone).  I'll
> plug away at it to see if I can come up with something sensible but
> just so you know it won't happen at the same time as the cutover to
> UTC as default.

What about extending "Continental Area" to "Continental Area or Special
Timezone", and then using "Special" as a continent-link chapter for
non-geographical oriented timezones? By this no new fourth layer (Geo
vs. logic TZ/ Continent / Country /Spezific) need to be introduced. And
there aren't that much continents so some new entrys would still be
noticable.

CU,
	Achim