Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 06:28:08 -0500
From:      Stephen Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Ashok <ashok@stph.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reg FreeBSD Network problem

Ashok wrote:

> Hello,
>         I am Ashok from India. I installed FreeBSD 3.1 Release and i
> have one problem reg network.
>
> I my Compaq (Intel Processor) System ony IRQ  3 is free. So i set my
> NE2000 card to IRQ 3 and Port address 0x300 and successfully connected
> to Canada FTP Site and installed all distributions. But after rebooting
> after installation, my card is not recognised by the Kernel because of
> it is searching the card at port address 0x280. Why it becomes like
> that? How would i  configure the kernel to recoginse my card with IRQ 3
> and port address 0x300. And is the Kernel supports Compaq 10/100 TXI PCI
> UTP Controller ethernet cards. Then  how would i configure the kernel to
> recognise this card. Please give me fast reply.
>
> yours faithfully,
>     Ashok.

You should be able to set your card when the system boots
at the boot > type c configure....also choose visual mode of config.
	 boot > -c
This should put in you in configure mode.
You'll see network arrow to that enter and look for your card.
towards the bottom you'll see the configuration for i/o irq ...
Change and save
When you boot your ethernet card should be set to 300 3

To make permnt chng you'll need to rebuild your kernel
  You'll be able to reboot your machine extra and the i/o and irq will
be the same. However you'll want to check into rebuilding
your kernel at one point.

Have fun
--
***  ***