Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:04:15 -0600
From:      Dan McGregor <danismostlikely@gmail.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, tijl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Build 32 bit binaries on amd64

My solution is certainly fairly hacky, I just took inspiration from
NetBSD. I wanted
to see if it could be done.  While I was there I did identify several
files that should be
common between i386 and amd64, such as exec.h.

Since reading your email I started looking at the x86 common code, and
have made some
more code common; specifically asm.h ans ucontext.h.  I'll be putting
that on github shortly.

Since it does look like tijl hasn't committed anything since March, I
would like to co-operate
and see what his plans were.  The idea of merging the i386 and amd64
headers into a
common area seems like a better idea to me.

Dan