Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:10:59 -0700
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JCK Status (+ HotSpot Status)

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 01:50:52AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Hi all,
> What I can say is that there are essentially two testing categories,
> one for Compiler tests and one for Runtime tests.  There are thousands
> of tests in each category and getting everything configured and set up
> to run them isn't an easy task.  Even getting the hardware setup right
> to cope with this is non-trivial.

Yes, it was a pain in the ass. I fortunately have two machines that I
can help with this.

> I will update this to the list as progress is made.  Please don't send me
> personal email asking for updates, you're just taking up time I could be
> using to run the tests.  I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sure. ;)

BTW, I'm just about satified with the code that I've been cutting and
snipping and I'm just about to smoke test the system. This will happen
only after I fix a bunch of missing symbol problems. I have pretty good
confidence that what's been hacked together is largely correct.

I'll keep you folks updated.

bill