Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:42:30 +0200
From:      "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD" <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS & Firewall [newbie]

Someone told me that I cannot put my dns server behind the firewall.  I
argued that this can't be true since on my network my cisco router is also
my firewall and my dns server is working fine behind this.  He then told me
that he was talking about IPFW that comes with FreeBSD.  I have never used
this so I would not know.  Please give me some clarity on this as I am not
an expert on Unix Firewalling.

Langa Kentane
System Administrator
Sunshine Networks cc