Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:53:23 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <kde.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        "Daxbert" <daxbert_news@dweebsoft.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Resolving or blocking eg. doubleclick.net?

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 12:43, Daxbert wrote:

> I do this in named.conf...

I'm still getting it to resolve *.doubleclick.net

> zone "doubleclick.net" {
>         type master;
>         file "db.empty_zone";
> };

This I just cut'n'pasted. My /etc/named/db.empty_zone looks like this:

$TTL 36000
@               IN SOA  frodo.my.domain. root.frodo.my.domain. (
                                1 ; serial
                                36000      ; refresh
                                18000      ; retry
                                1209600    ; expire
                                36000      ; minimum
                                )
                        NS      frodo.my.domain.

"frodo.my.domain" is my hostname set in rc.conf. Is this correct?

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk