Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:41:57 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Peter Duff <peter@cs.curtin.edu.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs exports

>/usr/blah -alldirs -maproot=0:0 special_host
>/usr/blah -alldirs some_netgroup
>> mountd[136]: can't change attributes for /usr/blah
>> mountd[136]: bad exports list line /usr/blah -alldirs all_hosts
>> mountd[136]: bad exports list line /usr/blah -alldirs all_hosts
>If anyone else has more of a clue on this than me, feel free to jump in
>any time. ;-)

First off, is '/usr/blah' the root of a filesystem, or a directory
in the /usr filesystem?  exports(5) says you can only use -alldirs
on a filesystem root.

Secondly, all_hosts is a netgroup.  Make sure that you are resolving
netgroups correctly on this host.  'ypcat netgroup' or
'ypmatch all_hosts netgroup'.

There really isn't anything else on that line that could be the
problem, save unprintable chars.

-Mitch