Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM Thinkpad X24 Constantly Looses psm Sync

I just received a new IBM Thinkpad X24 from my
employers.  I've successfully installed FreeBSD
4.6-STABLE on the system and am happily using it
except:

Every 30 minutes or so, I lose my mouse pointer (on
console and under XFree 4.2.0).
dmesg:
psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0000).
psmintr: discard a byte (1).
psmintr: out of sync (0040 != 0000).
psmintr: discard a byte (1).

Restarting moused brings it back, but this is quite
annoying.  I see this behavior both with TrackPoint
and with external MS PS/2 mouse.

My previous system (Toshiba 7010) never ever lost sync
on psm in 4 years, so I'm sure my external mouse is
OK.

Has anyone seen this behavior on their systems?  I
realize that ThinkPads are sometimes a little strange.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Katcher
jmkatcher@yahoo.com