Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:22:19 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wannabee porter in the poo

OK, thanks guys, I've got me a port! :-)

It seems to work, all tests OK, but I'd be surprised if the Makefile is perfect.
Should I send-pr and await correction, or get someone to take a look first?

Another program I wanted to port is a tcl script that depends on the
thing I've just ported. It needs either an extensive .ini file or edits
to the source's defaults in order to find the other apps under unix, and it
seems to want to be started from a writeable directory that holds all
its associated files. Although it works it has no proper place to live,
which I find intolerable. My guess is I should ask for initial advice
on -questions for this one?

Maybe there are good reasons why these programs haven't been ported yet :-)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-