Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 18:58:06 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Default boot partition

I'm having a bit of trouble getting FreeBSD to load the kernel from the
right disk slice. Basically, wd0 is as follows

wd0s1 : DOS partition
wd0s2 : DOS Extended partition
wd0s3 : FreeBSD  root fs

(most stuff is on wd2). When I choose to boot FreeBSD (I use os-bs as
the boot manager) the default boot is

0:wd(0,a)kernel

Sure, typing 0:wd(0,c)kernel works fine, but how do I make this the
default? Creating /boot.config on wd0s3 doesn't help, presumably since
it will look for boot.config on wd0s1, or something. So what I have done
wrong? I'm sure it used to work in a similar way so no doubt I've broken
something. (fwiw, it worked on 2.2.5-release, but not on -current. I
doubt it's been broken since then, more likely I've broken something.)

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@scientia.demon.co.uk : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)