Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:00:29 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Dewey, Michael" <mdewey@uswest.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Terminal mode in ppp

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 01:06:38PM -0700, Dewey, Michael wrote:
> I am still trying to get my modem to work, but when I enter terminal mode in
> ppp, none of my keystrokes (or any of the replies from the modem) are echoed
> to the terminal.  Does anybody know what could be causing this?  Please let
> my know what information about my system configuration would be helpful.

Are you getting the ``term'' prompt?

	ppp ON marder-1> term
	deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa2
	Type `~?' for help
	[]

If you're just getting:

	ppp ON marder-1> term
	[]

with the cursor sitting there then it can't find your modem.

> Thanks,
> Mike

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.