Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:19:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2Re: panic: found dirty cache page 0xf046f1c0

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :
> :i have 'ed' driver and mine blows up as well.
> :
> :panic: found dirty cache page 0xf047ae60
> :Debugger("panic")
>
>     Ok, so much for if_de being the cause.
>
>     BTW, for anybody who doesn't want to wait for us to find the
>     bug, you can comment out the MADV_FREE code and that should
>     put a stop to it.  The MADV_FREE code isn't broken, but it seems
>     to cause the bug to occur which is why *I* haven't commented
>     it out - I'd rather find the bug.
>
>     Also, update your kernel trees and turn on the INVARIANTS options:
>
> 	options         INVARIANTS
> 	options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT

cvsup'd and added, i'm going to run the code for a bit hopefully to
get you some output from the INVARIANTS.

> :Is it safe to enable crashdumps on IDE disks yet?
>
>     I don't know.
>
>     I wasn't aware that there was a problem with crash dumps on
>     ide disks.  There shouldn't be.

Last 3 times i enabled it, it dumped on the wrong partition because it got
confused about LBA mode, anyone have a suggestion to test to make sure it
won't dump on my /usr instead of swap? (i don't have LBA enabled in my IDE
disk flags 0xe0ffe0ff)

-Alfred