Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:12:13 +0200
From:      Andreas Rudisch <cyb.@gmx.net>
To:        Benjamin Keating <motionsiren@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & mini-ITX

--=-KtjlvGd0qwEieoM09ShV

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 14:43 -0700, Benjamin Keating wrote:
> I've been eyeing up these mini-ITX boards - would like to make a quite
> little file server. Does anyone here run a mini-ITX board (what
> model)? Does it work out of the box? Anything not supported? I'd go
> for one of VIA's as AMD's and others are still a little new and
> pricey. Recommend a shop to purchase from (in the US)?
>=20
> Thanks!
> - bpk

I have tested a Via EPIA M10000 a while ago. X installed and worked
fine, but the internal graphic was to slow to playback xvid-movies with
mplayer, an external pci-graphic card should solve this. The soundchip
was supported out of the box too.

Right now I have a Via EPIA PD10000 (with two 10/100MBit LAN adapters
onboard) with 512MB RAM running as a home dsl router / gateway /
print-/fileserver but only for a small amount of not important data with
one harddisk drive.

I am quite happy with it, since it get its job done and does not use
much electricity.=20

To give you an idea of its speed: a 'make buildworld' of FreeBSD 5.4 is
done in about 2 hours.=20

Andreas

--=20
GnuPG key  : 0xD25FCC81  |  http://cyb.websimplex.de/pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: D182 6F22 7EEC DD4C 0F6E  564C 691B 0372 D25F CC81

--=-KtjlvGd0qwEieoM09ShV

--=-KtjlvGd0qwEieoM09ShV--