Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 21:34:04 PST
From:      "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsdquestions@hotmail.com>
To:        cjclark@home.com, freebsdquestions@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rdisting passwd from BSD/OS to FreeBSD 3.1

"Crist J. Clark" wrote,
>I wouldn't trust moving the *.db files across platforms. I do not know
>if it is your problem, but you might want to consider only moving the
>text files and rebuilding the db files natively on FreeBSD.

Thanks, just sending the text files and then running pwd_mkdb
works.  But, the man page warns of concurrency problems if
the necessary locking is not performed.  Unfortunately, I'm no
programmer.  I'll work on creating a script to handle the locking
and hopefully I won't overlook something obvious.

Is there a better way to migrate the user information from
BSD/OS to FreeBSD?