Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:41:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Your article "Linux May Be Running on Some Spindly Legal Legs"

doesn't that seem just a bit.. harsh? Its a reply that more preaches then
it ask for some form of change or a slap on the back.  Its a little to
stiff and strong worded, making it something I'd imagine on a lawyer's
letterhead. I believe you wish to tell him that:
	1. You were extremely happy to see a member of the media question
the legal status of the GPL. (Do this in not a manner saying that BSD is
better, but rather that its nice that not everyone is linux crazy).
	2. You would like BSD to be mentioned in future articles. (Such
as, he says that the GPL will be revised to make corperate America happy
- the BSD liscense has already done this for quite some time).
	3. That you beleive, after long happy usage, that FreeBSD is
truly the operating system of the future. While Linux has its merits, and
you respect them, FreeBSD has many plusses that you find far outway
Linux's current atractions.

Basicly you did the above.. just don;t make him feel critisized or on the
defensive.. loosen it up!