Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:12:28 +0100
From:      Remo Collet <remo@astro.uu.se>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB external CD-RW and FreeBSD 5.3

> I'd rather commit something more specific than "all DELL  devices"
>
> can you supply a more specifig device ID?
>
> thanks

Here is an extract of "dmesg" when I plug in the external
CD/DVD unit on the D400 laptop:

umass0: Dell USB Drive A01, rev 2.00/1.04, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
cd0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SN-324F U203> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 1.000MB/s transfers
cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present - tray
losed

I'm not sure what to use instead of PID_WILDCARD or RID_WILDCARD in umass.c,
the external unit and the manufacturer (SAMSUNG here) could in general still
differ between two Dell laptops... let me know

/R