Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 15:30:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 AHA1542's in one box

> Mark Murray wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience in putting 2 AHA1542 cards into one
> > box?
> >
> > I tried this and have had no luck. Here is the saga:
>
> I've done this occasionally..
> it always seemed to work..
>
> sorry that's not much help but at least you should know that
> it is SUPPOSED to work..
>
> julian

I have made this successfully work on both BSDI and SVR4 (!)

I've never tried it on FreeBSD, but given the SCSI architecture I can't see
why it wouldn't work.  However, the ISA interrupts and such have to be
correct (and declared correctly in the config).

I *do* know that two PCI adapters work properly, as do two EISA adapters;
I've done both of those (our news system uses two PCI adapters now).

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!