Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0000
From:      cscott@speakeasy.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   incorrect time from sendmail (FBSD 5.3)

Hi,

I can not get sendmail to use the correct timezone on my system. The time=
zone is set via tzsetup to PDT (localtime).  /etc/localtime exists. The s=
ystem reports the correct time everywhere. The problem is that sendmail i=
nsists on using UTC. I have tried setting the cmos time to UTC, then conf=
iguring the timezone (via tzsetup) as PDT but having the cmos set to UTC.=
 Sendmail still does not make the appropriate adjustment when creating it=
's header:

From: whoever@whereever.com

The sendmail .cf file is set to USE_TZ (default).  I have dug through new=
sgroups, faqs, howto, etc. and I can't find what is wrong. Is this a bug =
in 5.3 ?

TIA,
Casey