Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:49:53 +0200
From:      "Shteryana Shopova" <shteryana@gmail.com>
To:        Gabe <nrml@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD network failover

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Gabe <nrml@att.net> wrote:
>>Maybe try lagg(4) in Failover mode?
> Lagg wouldn't work on my setup because the dsl  connection would be almost completely independent.  Unless you can provide an example.

Bind the two connection to the lagg, configure both IPs on the lagg
and add some script that monitors the link status (or connectivity) of
the primary connection and changes the default route/primary link
status accordingly. I am not sure this will work (can't test it atm)
but you might at least try it.

cheers,
Shteryana