Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 21:55:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Robert Palank <srfpala@inlink.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PS/2

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Robert Palank wrote:

> In FreeBSD 2.1 was the PS/2 mouse support compiled in ?

In 2.1.0, I don't think it was put into the GENERIC kernel because the
``disabled'' config item didn't exist yet.

> I typed  -c  at the boot but did not find PS/2 in the disabled devices,
> only the Bus Mouse but I do have a psm0 entry in /dev
> Any ideas as to why I don't see it as disabled ???

It probably wasn't compiled in.  It's been a while since I've run 2.1.0, I
generally discard stuff from more than a release back.

> Also, I think I have an IDE Interface to my Sony CDROM Drive which I
> specifically purchased to load FreeBSD which is up and running nicely.

Then you must be running 2.1.5 or later.  IDE CDROMs (ATAPI) wasn't
supported until then.

> When I attempt to mount my cdrom, I get a message saying that it's not
> configured.
> If this is a driver problem, is it intractable under ver 2.1 ?

What is the probe output for the wdc? devices from dmesg?