Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:12:47 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio Z600LEK

Michael Piotrowski <mxp@dynalabs.de> probably said:
> 2. Power management (APM/ACPI) (system doesn't wake up again, unclear
>    if/how suspend-to-disk works)

I believe the LEK doesn't have real APM support. You're probably
screwed unless you use the ACPI support in FreeBSD-CURRENT.

> 3. The Jog Dial
> 4. The Memory Stick reader

The jog dial, memory stick reader and firewire on my Z505HS have never
worked and I have no expectation of them working soon under FreeBSD.

On some earlier revisions of Z505s the memory stick reader were
different hardware which was supported but the later ones are not.

> <http://www.funa.org/current/>; comes close, but seems to be outdated
> (2000-07-28)--but it reports all components of a Z505 as working.

That's for -CURRENT. You said you installed 4.4, not 5.0.

Also, that page is well out of date (many things mentioned there are
fixed in -STABLE) and states quite specificly that the memory stick
and firewire are not known working.

> Have I overlooked something? Should it be obvious? Any pointers? If it

The support for the things you're asking about (apart from the cdrom,
for which there is a patch in the archives) isn't there. If you want it
there, go hack source.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu