Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:52:53 +0100
From:      Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x86 to amd64 upgrade

--nextPart1399551.DTiTbP3jiM

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 22:18, Francisco G=F3mez Mar=EDn wrote:
>    I am running FreeBSD-AMD64 5.3 in my Athlon64 box. If I install on it
> the x86 version, could it be possible to upgrade to the amd64 without
> reinstalling? any experiences?

Check the archives of this list; this is a question that comes up again and=
=20
again. The brief answer is: no, not unless you are a masochist with time to=
=20
waste and capable of an infuriating attention to detail (do you play nethac=
k?=20
do you play each charater to win _and_ as an extinctionist? then you're=20
in :) ). Or David O'Brien, I think he figured it out. The game plan is 30-o=
dd=20
steps fraught with peril.

I think the old luxury-goods adage applies: if you have to ask, you can't=20
afford it.

=2D-=20
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot