Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2016 07:50:49 +0000
From:      Hongjiang Zhang <honzhan@microsoft.com>
To:        "freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   zfs suspend/resume

Hi,

I want to implement a feature to freeze/thaw the ZFS filesystem through zfs=
_suspend/zfs_resume. This is used for FreeBSD in Hyper-V: Hyper-V supports =
VSS (Volume Shadow Copy), and it requires the VM running on Hyper-V to supp=
ort filesystem Freeze/Thaw.

I found zfs_ioc_rollback has invoked zfs_suspend_fs and zfs_resume_fs. But =
either zfs_suspend_fs or zfs_resume_fs was exposed to userland. I don't und=
erstand why zfs_suspend_fs/zfs_resume_fs cannot be used through zfs_ioctl. =
Anyone know? Or is it reasonable to add zfs_ioc_suspend and zfs_ioc_resume?

Thanks
Hongjiang Zhang