Date:      03 Nov 2002 14:51:36 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lang/librep missing libgmp dependency

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 13:17, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 03:26, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > I was doing portupgrade -RN gnome2 on my -current laptop today after
> > blowing away /usr/X11R6 and /usr/local, and lang/librep failed because
> > of a lack of libgmp.  It was in my system as /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3, but I
> > don't think anything was using that, at least according to ldd
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/* /usr/local/lib/*.  Installing libgmp4 has allowed the
> > build to continue.
>
> librep has a dependency on math/libgmp-freebsd (libgmp.so.3) which goes
> into effect for -CURRENT only.  I have it installed on my -CURRENT
> machine, and it works fine.  I do not have libgmp4 installed.  Make sure
> you're using Peter's recipe when updating -CURRENT:
>
> make buildworld
> rm -rf /usr/include.old
> mv /usr/include /usr/include.old
> chflags -R noschg /usr/lib
> [mkdir /usr/lib/old]
> mv /usr/lib/lib*.so.* /usr/lib/compat
> mv /usr/lib/*.o /usr/lib/lib*.a /usr/lib/lib*.so /usr/lib/old
> make installworld
>
> This works just fine for me.  Of course, I remember I did delete all
> libgmp.so.3's in /usr/lib/* after the __sF snafu.  libgmp was removed
> from the system after 500023.

I blew away /usr/local and /usr/X11R6/ again after __sF and noticed this
again.  It looks like the libgmp.so.3 in my /usr/lib/compat was being
found by the ports dependency check, but not by the configure.  Deleting
it got things working properly.

--
Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/