Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 95 14:08:37 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
Cc:        jds@cs.umd.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Revised version of "Giant Step" GIF

> > Er, wasn't it "One small step for [a] man, a giant LEAP for mankind."?
> >                                                    ^^^^
>
> No, it was "it's some kind of soft stuff. I can push it around with my foot".
>
> The "small step" (which he totally messed up, by the way, using the same words
> ib both phrases) was said while standing on the landing pad.
>
> If you count that, the real first words were:
>
> 	"Houston, this is Tranquility Base. The Eagle has landed."

He claims: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind".
Actually: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind".

Oh, and it was: "Houston, Tranquility Base here; the Eagle has landed".
Followed by "We copy tran-tranquility".

The tapes are available for $7.50 at your local Sun Coast Motion
Picture company (assuming you are in the US).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.