Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 05:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mammoth exabyte 210 changer problems

Hi folks,

	I just got one of these to set up.  st0 and ch0 are both found
correctly when the kernel probes for them, but I am having problems with
chio and moving the picker around.

	While "chio status" works as expected all other commands fail with
a SCSI error.  If I try a "move" or "postion"  command I get the following
error:

	ch0(ahc0:5:0): NOT READY asc:4,8d Vendor Specific ASCQ

	Has anyone run into this?  Is there an easy fix?

	BTW, in case it matters, the SCSI card is a cheap AHA-2910B. (Yes,
a better card is on the way.)

thanks,

	Adrian

P.S.  Leave me in the cc: when you reply.  I have taken myself off this
list temporarily.

--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,