Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 97 12:33:15 -0500
From:      rhughes@anteon.com
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Strange error from CRON ( I think )

     Greetings,

     I finished a build of FreeBSD 3.0-current the other day, upgrading my
     system from 2.2.2-current.
     I'm now getting a strange error on the console, thus:

Nov 15 11:55:00 anteon-gate CRON[8732]: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'

     The cron is running fine and I *think* all my jobs are getting kicked off
     as scheduled.  The message is a bit annoying though...
     Oh, occasionally the "unknown class" will be 'root' rather than 'daemon'.
     I noticed that when I logged in to the console as myself, then did su to
     root.

     Thanks for any help you can provide..
     Please CC replies to my e-mail address rhughes@anteon.com; I might
     miss them on the list.