Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 08:37:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        satoshi@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: want to discuss three new variables in the ports collection

> What would you think about introducing three new variables
> into the ports mechanism ?! HOMEPAGE, AUTHOR and
> MAILINGLIST ?!

I think that's getting out of control.  The ports collection wasn't
ever meant to provide a complete bibligraphic reference for every bit
of software, telling you everything from the author's birthday to his
blood type, and adding extraneous details like this can only clutter
the makefiles and make them harder to read.

Two thumbs down on this proposal.  If you want to find out more about
a port, type "make extract" and read the ports own docs.  If the
author doesn't give contact info there, he probably doesn't want to
hear from anyone. :)

					Jordan