Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 13:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
Cc:        Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>, Roger Larsson <roger.larsson@norran.net>, <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>, <linux-mm@kvack.org>, <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
Subject:   Re: RE: on load control / process swapping

:>     does penalize the data somewhat.  On the otherhand if the data happens
:>     to still be in the cache and you scan it a second time, the page priority
:>     gets bumped up
:
:But doesn't it get pushed _down_ again after the process has read
:the data?  Or is this a part of the code outside of vm/* which I
:haven't read yet?
:
:regards,
:
:Rik
:--
:Linux MM bugzilla: http://linux-mm.org/bugzilla.shtml

    Well, I was going to answer, but I can't find the code.  I'll have to
    look at it more closely.

					-Matt