Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 15:17:25 +1000
From:      jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
To:        Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: zircom pc-card's on a Fujitsu Lifebook 735Dx Laptop...

At 8:36 PM +0200 23/10/1999, Eric MASSON wrote:
>Hi
>
>> # pccardc dumpcis
>> Read return -1 bytes (expected 2)
>> pccardc: CIS code read: Cannot allocate memory
>> Read return -1 bytes (expected 10)
>> Configuration data for card in slot 1
>> 2 slots found
>Enable pccardd start in /etc/rc.conf and then pccardc dumpcis will work
>properly.

How should I do this? eg:

pccardd_start="YES"

is this what you mean? It's not working. I get the same output as
above, only doubled, as I have both the cards installed (two of
them). I'm not sure of the syntax to use here. I also tried the
following with no success:

pccardd_enable="YES"

I actually thought it might be more to do with the order of the
drivers starting up in the kernel, as it tries to probe for xe before
it's loaded the PC-Card driver, and initialises xe and sio:

xe0: probe
xe0 not found
.
.
.
PC-Card VLSI 82C146 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 3
Initializing PC-card drivers: xe sio

then again I'm probably barking up the wrong tree. Anyone?

cheers

jesse

--
       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au

   Faxmail: +61 2 9776 3594                  Virtual Community Engine
     Email: jesse (at) va.com.au             http://www.vce.net
         ?: http://jesse.va.com.au     huh?: Community Server for
       ICQ: 4766684                          MacOS Servers (W*API)