Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:09:02 -0500
From:      "George Morgan" <gemorga2@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.0 Net Install problem..

I get through the install process to the (Choose Installation Media)
and then I select regular FTP and configure the parameters for my
network interface (fxp0).  Once I hit ok on that screen, it trys to add
the default route.  At this point it hangs.  I have an Intel
Etherexpress PRO 100 B.  My connection rate is 100Mbps/Full
Duplex (I have a switch :)  Is the speed/duplex the problem?  I have
tried an install (successfully) with my 10BT hub, but now that I'm
running 100/full duplex, it doesn't seem to work...

(These two things may be a coincidence...)

George Morgan
Virginia Tech
Electrical Engineering
Class of 2000!