Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:07:49 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fixing documented bug in env(1)

At 7:04 PM +0100 6/5/01, Josef Karthauser wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 02, 2001, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>  >
>>  It also strikes me that this might be another topic to
>>  send thru freebsd-standards@bostonradio.org, as Posix
>>  might have something to say about what's appropriate.
>>

>How much traffic does this list produce and how many people
>are on it?
>The first I heard of it's existance was a few days ago on
>one of the lists.  May I propose that we make this an offical
>list so that it can be utilised by the wider community?

Not much traffic.  Not many people.  It can be used by anyone
who wants to join.  I think Garrett originally proposed it as
a "@freebsd.org" list, but it was felt that it wouldn't see
enough traffic (and indeed, it has been very low-traffic).

My only fear is that I might be encouraging its use for things
it wasn't really meant for.  It was mainly meant to talk about
efforts to update freebsd to follow the various Posix standards,
such as the latest Posix draft on how /usr/include libraries
should be laid out.