Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:11:21 -0700
From:      Rob <europax@home.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Story with OSS anyone ?

The new kernel support for ESS Solo works better than the OSS version.
No clicking!  And contrary to their claims, adding just one line to the
kernel config file and compiling is much less work than the clunky
payware install and crypto key upgrade.

I also have an OpenBSD box, and went to all the trouble to try out the
trial version of OSS. It turns out that the OSS driver for OpenBSD is
incompatible with mpg123.

Rob.